Key Account Manager Retail (m/w)
Standort: Zurich City
Datatrans is Switzerland's leading payment service provider, specialising in technology for processing payments online. With seamless background processes that are largely invisible to the end user, we and our clients are shaping the way that payments are made on the Internet and mobile devices.
As a Key Account Manager Retail, you are responsible for our key accounts in the retail sector throughout Switzerland and abroad, acting as the first point of contact for these clients. Your objective is to advise them and support their growth through deployment of our products and solutions, thus building long-term relationships. Your knowledge of online payments and e-commerce make you an expert with understanding of the clients businesses and sectors. This expertise allows you to deliver first-class service, developing mutually beneficial business relationships.
Do you enjoy exciting, demanding roles and want to work for Switzerland’s leading payment service provider in the burgeoning fintech sector, as an account manager or key account manager of already several years’ experience? Are you looking for a fast-moving environment in which you can contribute your enthusiastic and independent, solution-oriented and structured approach to work, and in which you can continue to develop? If so, our young, highly motivated team is looking forward to receiving your application.
- Strategic planning (preparation of annual roadmap) with merchants and creation of strategy for retail segment
- Advise and assist in entry into new business areas and opportunities (expansion, internationalisation, other channels, etc.)
- Identify, develop and improve products/solutions for purpose of conversion optimisation
- Develop account plans, and retention of an allocated portfolio comprising 15-20 accounts
- Give advice and carry out sales activities for all Datatrans services
- Conduct regular review meetings with each of your accounts
- Manage and update account management activities in the CRM system
- Prepare regular reports and analyses
- Negotiate pricing and contracts
- Create and develop offers/RFP
- Manage client complaints
- Create marketing materials, technical papers, case studies
- Carry out marketing campaigns, attend trade fairs, etc., to reach markets and sectors
- Thought Leadership: Your long-standing experience as a key account manager in the payments and/or fintech sector have given you an understanding of the trends and drivers in e-commerce. You use this knowledge when talking to clients to support your objective of achieving growth for both parties.
- Key account management expertise: Your experience in looking after and handling accounts makes you a trusted partner for e-payments and e-commerce queries, as you support the various stakeholders within the merchant’s organisation at every stage of the project.
- Time management and a client focus: You can successfully prioritise tasks according to urgency, need, and internal and external requirements. You pick up new ideas quickly, relish getting to the bottom of challenges and take a solution-oriented, client-focused approach.
- Good communicator: You are eloquent, professional and authentic in German, English, French, and if possible Italian, at various levels of management and in different organisational structures.
- You have at least five years’ experience in key account management in the e-commerce, fintech or SaaS environments.
- University degree with a focus on e-commerce, online media and/or business administration, or comparable, preferred
- Experience of e-commerce systems and very good knowledge of the latest Internet technologies
- Confident of conducting negotiations in German, English and French , additional language skills (Italian) advantageous
- Self-guided, solution-oriented approach
- Strategic, logical and analytical thinker, with the capacity to pick up new ideas quickly
- Solution-oriented in thought and action
- Organised and assertive
- Project management experience beneficial
- A high degree of autonomy and ability to influence thoughts
- An exciting and fast-moving role in a friendly, highly motivated environment
- Prospects for your personal and professional development in a fast-growing and challenging industry
- An open company culture that invites employees’ input, with streamlined decision-making and flat hierarchies
- Collegial working environment with creative people, socialising activities including after work, BBQs
- Attractive employment conditions and profit-sharing
We look forward to receiving your complete application. This position is to be filled immediately. For this vacancy, only direct applications are considered.
Contact: Beatrice Gloor, Senior E-Payment Consultant Retail