Account Manager (m/w)
Location: Zurich City
Datatrans is Switzerland's leading payment service provider, specialising in technology for processing payments online. With seamless background processes that are largely invisible to the end user, we and our clients are shaping the way that payments are made on the Internet and mobile devices.
As an Account Manager, you will be responsible for a portfolio of existing online merchants in Switzerland and abroad. Your objective is to support these clients’ growth through their deployment of our products and solutions, thus building long-term relationships. Your knowledge of the online payments and e-commerce sectors makes you an expert with an understanding of the clients’ businesses and markets; you will deliver first class service for our clients and develop mutually beneficial relationships.
Do you enjoy exciting, demanding roles and want to work for Switzerland’s leading payment service provider in the burgeoning fintech sector, as an account manager of already several years’ experience? Are you looking for a fast-moving environment in which you can contribute your enthusiastic and independent, solution-oriented and structured approach to work, and in which you can continue to develop? If so, our young, highly motivated team is looking forward to receiving your application.
- Develop and execute merchant specific account plans, and retention of an allocated portfolio comprising over 20 accounts
- Carry out advice and sales activities for all Datatrans services, as well as planning and implementation of up-selling and cross-selling in German, English, French and Italian
- Conduct regular review meetings with each of your accounts
- Manage and update account management activities in the CRM system
- Prepare regular reports and analyses
- Negotiate pricing and contracts
- Create and develop offers/RFPs
- Monitor client projects and provide active support for process optimisation
- Handle client complaints
- Experience and a hands-on approach: You already have practical experience of account management in the payments and/or fintech sector, working with online merchants, and have an understanding of the trends and drivers in e-commerce.
- Account management expertise: Your experience of looking after and developing accounts within a portfolio allows you to create custom growth strategies, supporting merchants in every phase of a project.
- Time management and a client focus: You can successfully prioritise tasks according to urgency, need, and internal and external requirements. You pick up new ideas quickly, relish getting to the bottom of challenges and take a solution-oriented approach.
- Good communicator: You have advanced language skills in German, English and French, and you are comfortable working at all levels of an organisation in a professional, authentic manner.
- University degree with a focus on e-commerce, online media and/or business administration
- At least three years experience of account management in the e-commerce sector or SaaS environment
- Experience of e-commerce systems and very good knowledge of the latest Internet technologies
- Confident of conducting negotiations in German and English, additional languages (French, Italian) advantageous
- Self-guided, solution-oriented approach
- Organised and assertive
- An exciting and fast-moving role in a friendly, highly motivated environment
- The opportunity to work on interesting projects involving online payments and sales processes in businesses from a range of sectors
- Prospects for your personal and professional development in a fast-growing industry
- An open company culture that invites employees’ input, with streamlined decision-making and flat hierarchies
- A friendly, dynamic workplace in the heart of Zurich (renovated villa, adjacent to the Stadelhofen railway station)
- Collegial working environment with creative people, socialising activities including after work, BBQs
- Attractive employment conditions and profit-sharing
We look forward to receiving your complete application. This position is to be filled immediately. For this vacancy, only direct applications are considered.
Contact: Beatrice Gloor, Senior E-Payment Consultant Retail