Datatrans’ role as a payment service provider (PSP) is to process, via a standardized interface, transactions that use various means of payment, and to relay them to the corresponding financial institutions. Credit assessments can also be requested via the same interface.
In the process the procedures authorization, settlement and credits to the card holder are differentiated. In the case of credit cards, transactions may be effected via the Internet (e-commerce) or telephone (mail/phone and mobile payment). In addition various special features are at your disposal.
The Datatrans eCom payment process can be divided into the following three procedures:Authorization request/response
- Validation: checking the validity of the transaction (i.e. the cards validity and limit)
- Reservation of the amount
- Date on which the card is debited.
- Deferred settlement option: Time separation between authorization and settlement processes. No card number is required for the settlement.
- Credits can be made for the whole amount or part thereof.
The following transaction types are supported by Datatrans eCom:E-commerce
- Payment processes in Internet (Web shops) with payment instruction made by the customer
- Acceptance of the order in writing or by phone with credit card information
- Solution for call centre, recurring transactions (periodic settlement, subscription mode)
- Payment instruction by the merchant
- Payment processes via mobile phone/PDA (e.g. SBBs mobile ticketing service) with payment instruction by the customer
With Datatrans eCom the following special features are at your disposal:Status request
- XML request on the status of the transactions
- Merchant-specific parameters can also be processed.
- Enabling flexible transfer of additional information (e.g. profile data)
- Some data displayed in the Web administration tool
- Transfer of customer data (e.g. name, address and e-mail address) and display in the Web administration tool
- Daily electronic transaction reports via e-mail or FTP
- Serves as a basis for automated balancing of transactions with the merchants accounting system.